At the end of May 1986, the Berlin painter and art dealer
Hans Pels-Leusden, who died in April 1993, opened in a
former upper-class home in the Fasanenstraße the privately directed
Four decades after the death of Käthe Kollwitz a permanent home
for a major part of her complete works has been set up thanks to this
generous donation in the town where Käthe Kollwitz lived and worked
for more than fifty years.
The Käthe-Kollwitz-Museum Berlin is located in the former first private
home built 1871 in Fasanenstraße. Destroyed during the
2nd World War, the building underwent a fundamental restauration
during the nineteeneighties.
Neighboring the museum is the Literaturhaus with café. Easy direct
access through a special passage way connecting the museum´s
Telephone: 030 - 882 52 10
Telefax: 030 - 881 19 01
Reduced 3 Euro
Public guided tours
Lunch break at Käthe-Kollwitz-Museum:
Price 55,00 Euro
It is also possible to reserve a guided tour via the
tel.: +49 (0)30 247 49 888 /
Payment for guided tours that are exclusively booked at the
museum is made directly onsite.